Our mission: To provide a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth.
What makes our club special?
- Members diversity: Our club is composed of students, expats, coaches, engineers, writers, … which translates into a rich variety of speech topics and nourishing intercultural exchanges.
- Exceptional location: Conveniently located in the center of Lausanne, our meetings are easily accessible by public transport or by car (with parking areas nearby).
- Great dinners: All our meetings include a dinner offered by the restaurant at a discounted price, which gives us a fantastic opportunity to get to know each other.
Curious? Come and visit us for free!
We meet every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month in Lausanne
at the Café – Restaurant Le Vaudois (Place de la Riponne).
How does it work?
Our club consists of 30+ members who meet biweekly. A meeting normally lasts around 90 minutes (7:00 PM – 9:30 PM). The agenda goes as follows:
- We start with 3 prepared speeches: our members present speeches of usually 5-7 minutes that they prepared in advance according to their current progress in the educational programme. Each speech is followed by one minute of silent feedback.
- We continue with Table Topics: an exercise of impromptu speech where participants are asked to elaborate for 1-2 minutes on a topic.
- We take a break for dinner and take this opportunity to get to know each other.
- We conclude with 3 evaluations: each prepared speech receives a personal evaluation by one of our member, which gives everyone an opportunity to learn from each other.
One thing that you’ll love at Toastmasters meetings is the applause. At first, you’ll be applauded for your effort; later you’ll be applauded for your skill.
Our meetings take place at Café – Restaurant Le Vaudois, on the lower floor of the restaurant. You can access the place by metro (M2) “Riponne” station. If you come by car, you can park at the Riponne.
You are welcome to assist to three meetings without any obligation to become a member, nor at any cost. You don’t even need to call first… just turn up and enjoy the evening! After three meetings as a guest, we will ask you if you are interested to become a member.