The World Championship of Public Speaking® starts in Toastmasters clubs across the globe. From there, participants advance to Area, Division, District, and region-level competitions. Two winners from each region-level competition move on to the semifinals. At the semifinals, an expert panel of experienced Toastmasters will determine the eight finalists. Each speech will last between five and seven minutes.
For many amateur speakers, this competition is the opportunity of a lifetime. Past winners have used this accolade to become prominent paid speakers, delivering keynotes and speeches around the globe. Read more on the official website.
- Wednesday 8 February: Lausanne International Club Contest
- Saturday 11 March : Area D3 Contest (A joint event with Area D2)
- Saturday 1 April: Division D Contest
- May 12-14: District 109 Contest in Milan
- August 16-19: World Championship
- International Speech in English (up to World level), 5 – 7 minutes
- Evaluation in English (up to District level), 2 – 3 minutes
- Table Topics in English (up to District level), 1 – 2 minutes
For the International Speech contest (English) you need to have completed Levels 1 and 2 in Pathways or hold the DTM award. For all other contests you do not need this. Any paid member can compete.